ads

Monday, March 4, 2013

Meet Ngenge Augustine Njah: The Rising Humourist, Peace Crusader

 By Ngande Bles
Ngenge Augustine Njah alias Dr. Agus
Laughter they say is as powerful as medicine to human beings. Ngengeh Augustine Njah commonly known as Dr. Agus is a household name in Donga Mantung Division in the North West Region of Cameroon thanks to the Millennium Television, a local television channel in Nkambe. He made his way to fame through a TV show “wipe your eye” which he animates every day. “When I was a child, my friends use to tell me that I am funny. While in Secondary School, I registered as a member of the drama club. That is how even teachers started admiring me and I also developed interest in it”, says Ngengeh Augustine Njah. The day I acted in a drama in church even my parents congratulated me. I remember my father likened me to Jean Michel Kankan”, he continued. If you have never had the opportunity to meet someone who can make you laugh, coming closer to Dr. Agus would make you laugh your tears out.  After the 7:30 pm news on Millennium TV, every little child in Nkambe goes closer to the TV to watch Dr. Agus. What is peculiar about this rising star is that he adds humour to what is in the news, transforms societal ills into laughter and creates awareness on burning issues by reducing them to the understanding of the common man. A regular show on Millennium TV says it all about this young rising humourist of high standing. Those who watch it always appreciate the way the young man treats critical issues that go a long way to sensitize, educate and inform the population of Nkambe and its environ. Dr. Agus’s “Wipe your eye” is eloquent proof that the young and talented humourist knows what society wants and he offers it.
You may disagree with me that laughter is medicine but no one can fail to agree with me that it is one of the best instruments to sensitize and educate the public on critical issues. This is why Dr. Augus has won the hearts of many children in Nkambe. “Every time I am performing any piece, I always like talk about peace, fear of the Lord and patriotism”.   Most of the time, Dr. Agus transforms himself into a peace crusader, because as he says he believes that no nation, no society, no community and no family can become sustainable without peace. “The street teacher” as many call him is very creative and has the God given talent that makes him do what he loves best. 
Gradually, Dr. augus has become the man who would be invited to every marriage ceremony, birthday party, public ceremony, school graduation ceremonies etc. Yet meet him along the street and you would never image because he is calm and very soft-spoken. “My dream is to show to other youths that if you do what you like well, it ends up paying big. Life is full of challenges and determination is one that takes up to higher height”, concluded.

When News Breaks Out, We Break In. Minute by Minute Report on Cameroon and Africa

No comments: