ads

Friday, September 9, 2016

'Juju Man' Who Uses His Cobra Snake to Catch Thieves


A traditional African healer has wow a large crowd while performing tricks with his cobra as he boasts he uses it to catch thieves.
Daudi Chimel
A traditional healer in Epworth, Zimbabwe has made a public demonstration as he boasted that he uses his cobra to catch thieves. On Monday the 'juju man' demonstrated his healing powers by cleaning a live cobra and making it take orders.
According to H-metro, Daudi Chimel, 38, who is originally from Malawi, keeps four live snakes and claimed the other three were on duty tracking down robbers. He said he basically uses the snakes to track down robbers.
 
 
“If a person comes to me with a problem of stolen property, I use the snakes to track down the culprits. I have four snakes but at the moment only one is present because the other three have gone for work.
“The snakes are harmless to people. They do not attack anyone as they even know and understand that we have neighbours.
“Even if they bite me, my blood is resistant to the poison because my grandfather performed a ritual on me to avoid being affected by the snake bite.
 “I started practicing as a traditional healer in 1991 back then when I was still in Malawi. I did not attend school because my grandfather had already initiated me into the profession of healing.
“I came to Zimbabwe this year in June and I have been helping people since.
“Apart from helping people recover their stolen properties, I also help them in different problematic areas like finding jobs and sexual problems.
 “I do not charge people for the help I render them but they only give me tokens of appreciation after they yield results.
“I do not help people to make money but it is in my blood and I feel mandated to help them. I used to stay in Mozambique before I came her but unfortunately the snake I used there died.” he said
 
 
When asked why he chose to use snakes as a tracking device, Daudi said:
“Snakes are powerful and fast that is why I decided to use them but I can’t really say that I chose snakes rather snakes chose me because they are embedded on my diploma so they are more of my spirit animal.
“I use eggs to feed the snakes and sometimes I give them chicken. They give me no trouble at all. I talk to them and they listen to my voice. It’s unfortunate that most people in Zimbabwe believe in prophets, they lack belief in traditional healers,” he said.
 One Clever Chewila, claimed to have been helped by Daudi to recover his stolen property said:
 “I have seen these snakes at work. I believe that he is a powerful sangoma because I recovered my property through him.
“I came to him for help after my generator and barber property were stolen.
“After two days, I found my property at the doorstep. I do not know who had stolen the property or what happened to them but I was just happy that I recovered my property,” he said.
 
 
Speaking on the claims made by Daudi, one of his neighbours said: 
“He sometimes brings them outside but they do not attack people. These snakes are not for rituals or any wrong use but they are there to help people so they will not harm anyone.”
A passerby who was totally shell shocked said: “Uuuuummmm zvinotyisa izvi. Since my birth I have never seen such a thing. A mere man speaking to snake and controlling it like this man is doing is unbelievable. This world is surely coming to an end,”


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: