ads

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tupac Shakur Prison Letter to Madonna Resurfaces, Goes to Auction


July 6 (UPI) -- A prison letter rap icon Tupac Shakur addressed to Madonna that details why he ended their relationship has resurfaced.
"For you to be seen with a black man wouldn't in any way jeopardize your career - if anything it would make you seem that much more open and exciting," Shakur wrote in the letter that was released by TMZ that is dated January 15th, 1995 at 4:30 a.m.
"But for me, at least in my previous perception, I felt due to my 'image,' I would be letting down half of the people who made me what I thought I was. I never meant to hurt you," he continued.
The letter, which was written as he served time on sexual abuse charges while at the Clinton Correctional Facility in New York, will go up for auction at the Gotta Have Rock and Rolle sale between July 19-28, said Rolling Stone, who confirmed the note's authenticity.
Highlights from the letter include Shakur apologizing to Madonna, asking for her friendship and several ominous messages.
"I offer my friendship once again, this time stronger and focused. If you are still interested I would like to further discuss this with you but some of it couldn't wait. I felt compelled to tell you...just in case anything happened to me," he wrote. "Please be careful Madonna. Everyone is not as honorable as they seem there are those whose hearts bleed with envy & evil. They would not hesitate to do you harm!"
Shakur died on Sept. 13, 1996 after being shot during a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas.


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: